Thoughts On LOST Ep. 4.12
I don’t have much time these days… so here are some thoughts about ep. 4.12 from docarzt.com. I’ve added some additions. I think some things were learned in this episode.
What we learned…
- Why Hurley winds up back in the mental hospital – the numbers again. (My favorite part of the night!)
- The baby story – Kate had her.
- That Claire and Jin we not the other two temporary survivors according to the O6 stories.
- That the Orchid secondary protocol was probably developed about 15 years ago (1988.) – about 3 years before the purge (1992). The box with the crackers and mirror was hidden 15 years ago.
- The entrance to the Orchid (a greenhouse), was damaged, probably during the Incident in 1985.
- Keamy rigged the freighter with explosives triggered to the dead mans switch on his arm.
- We know what happened to Michael after he left the Island and before he got to NY. Abet quickly.
- A nod to the producers – Sawyer calling the Barracks New Otherton.
- That the Secondary protocol is a Dharma plan, and not something developed recently by Widmore.
- Hurley doesn’t want any kind of money. Not his, not Oceanic’s. The money is the excuse Abaddon uses to explain his visit to Hurley at the Santa Rosa Mental Institute.
- Claire’s mother survived the car accident.
- Ben has a plan.
What our characters learned…
- Jack finds out who Aaron and Claire are. (and will be haunted by it)
- Some learned that Michael is still alive.
What we want to know…
- Has Sun learned something about her Dad’s companies involvement with Hanso/Widmore/Dharma?
- Did Ben alert the Others, who were at the Temple, that something was up when he used the mirror to communicate something to someone?
- For a great overview of No Place Like Home try here. Televisionary.